Sunday, October 11, 2015

Brainstorm - Written December 19,2000

     A brainstorm contemplated raining on my day and I could hear its feuding pitter-patter on my thoughts as an irrational concept began forming in my mind. Just as I was about to act on it, the rational part of my brain disagreed, sending a bolt of electricity to destroy that nasty, unwise thought. That illogical idea retaliated just in time to send his own lightning dart back. He laughed thunder when his shot hit its target. Rational dodged, the bolt barely singeing her side and sent hail upon irrational. As the ice balls were pounding his tender flesh, Irrational dispatched a series of tornadoes. Rational was sent spinning out of control, but regained her composure almost without incident.

     Just as she was about to once more argue her side, smoky clouds surrounded her, blocking her view. She howled her anger, wind scattering the clouds like frightened pigeons. She looked and caught Irrational grinning like he'd done something clever. This made her anger rise and she charged with the force of a hurricane. She caught Irrational off guard sending him whirling out of control. He seized his balance, relaying a tsunami of his quarrel. Rational early lost her balance, but found her feet just in time. She bellowed her rage, my head rattling with their feud. Irrational was knocked backwards and out of my thoughts with the force of her thunder. Rational sent her final blast of lightning before she was satisfied and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment